Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
This is a super easy, VERY yummy way to make that Southern favorite, chicken and dumplings or chicken and pastry as some folks prefer to call it. If you don’t have time to make your “dumplings” from scratch this is a quick, easy and very tasty way to get that hearty meal that everyone loves!
- 1 (32 ounce) container of chicken broth
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 small can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits (6 biscuits)
- Bring the first four ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the biscuits one at a time on a floured surface. Roll each biscuit out to approximately 1/8 inch thickness. Cut in 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Remove cover from the pan, turn heat up to medium-high. Add the carrots and the celery. When the mixture is once again boiling, drop the biscuits strips in one at a time. Stir to make sure they are not stuck together. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking together. Yields 4 to 6 servings.