Chicken And Cornmeal Dumplings Recipe
- 1 pkt frzn cut green beans - (9 ounce)
- 2 c. cubed cooked chicken
- 2 c. diced potatoes
- 1 can chicken broth - (13 3/4 ounce)
- 1 can vegetable juice cocktail - (12 ounce)
- 1 tsp chili pwdr
- 6 dsh bottled warm pepper sauce
- 1/3 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. snipped parsley
- 1/2 c. sliced celery
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c. packaged biscuit mix
- 1 c. shredded sharp American cheese
- 2/3 c. lowfat milk
- Thaw beans by placing in strainer and run warm water over beans. Transfer to crock pot. Add in chicken, potatoes, chicken broth, vegetable juice, celery, onion, chili pwdr, salt and warm pepper sauce, mixed together. Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hrs.
- Turn to HIGH heat and heat till bubbly. Add in water at this point if needed.
- Combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, 1/2 c. cheese and parsley. Add in lowfat milk and stir till just moistened. Drop by Tbsp. onto stew; cover. Cook 2 1/2 hrs more (do not lift cover). Sprinkle dumplings with rest of cheese.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner