Chicken And Broccoli Casserole For Two Recipe
- 2 x two-c. aluminum pans Vegetable spray
- 1 c. cooked chicken breast torn into pcs
- 1/2 c. broccoli florets steamed
- 4 x mushrooms sliced and sauteed
- 1/4 c. cheese Monterey Jack or possibly Swiss
- 1 c. cheese sauce (see recipe below) Cheese Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. flour Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. cheese of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray the aluminum pans with cooking spray. In a bowl, toss the chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and cheese. Place equal amounts in each casserole pan. Top each casserole with 1/2 c. of cheese sauce (recipe below). After adding the sauce, shake the casserole to make sure the sauce gets to the bottom of pan. You can bake the casseroles immediately, freeze them for later or possibly chill them. They make great little personal casseroles for someone special.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and whisk in the flour (this is called a roux). While this mix is cooking, scald the lowfat milk. Add in the lowfat milk to the butter-and-flour mix and whisk in carefully. Allow the mix to cook for 5 min. Add in the cheese, salt and pepper. Stir till combined. - Mimi
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner