Chick Pea And Vegetable Stew With Couscous Recipe
- 1 c. Chickpeas, dry or possibly one can of chickpeas liquid removed and rinsed
- 2 x 3 c. vegetable or possibly onion broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp Grnd pepper
- 1/2 tsp Grnd ginger Or possibly substitute 2-3 TBS of curry pwdr for the above spices
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 x Green bell pepper, diced 1/4"
- 1 c. Zucchini, cubed
- 1 c. Carrots cut in 2 inch chunks
- 1/2 lb Winter squash peeled and cut in 2 inch chunks
- 2 c. Tomatoes, canned or possibly 2 medium tomates quartered
- 1 x Onion, quartered
- 1 sm Turnip cubed
- 2 x Celery stalks cut in 2 inch lengths
- 2 med Cloves of garlic peeled
- 2/3 c. Raisins
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, minced
- 1 c. Peas, frzn
- 8 ounce Couscous
- Sort and rinse the chickpeas, then soak overnight in water. Drain and cook in 5 c. water till tender, about 2 to 3 hrs. Drain, reserving the broth, and set aside. If using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse, set aside
- Hot a c. of the check-pea broth or possibly vegetable broth in a skillet or possibly soup pot and add in the onion, garlic, and the dry spices. Simmer gently till the onions have begun to soften, about 7 min. Do not let the pan dry out or possibly the spices will burn. Add in more liquid as needed.
- Once the onions are soft, add in the remaining vegetables the juice from the tomatoes, and the minced tomatoes, the raisins, the parsley and cilantro.
- Add in the honey and sufficient chick-pea broth or possibly vegetable broth to cover, bring to a boil, then simmer till the vegetables are done and the liquid has reduced, making a nice sauce. Add in the green peas during the last 5 min.
- Make the couscous and serve with the vegetables and their sauce. Garnish with cilantro or possibly parsley.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner