Cheese, Garlic and Herb Bread Recipe
Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 1 Pkg. Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water (105°-115°F)
- 1 Cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Oil-Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until foamy, 5 - 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, slowly warm cottage cheese over low heat, 5 minutes. Add warmed cottage cheese, egg, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and baking soda to yeast mixture. Stir in flour and Parmesan cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Oil a 1-quart casserole with some of the olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes. Stir batter vigorously and pour into prepared casserole. Cover with plastic wrap lightly coated with olive oil, cover with clean cloth; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake loaf until it is golden brown, 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Loosen loaf by running a knife around edges of casserole. Turn loaf out onto rack to cool or serve in casserole.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 12||10%|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.76g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|