Cheese And Chile Tamales (Tamales De Queso Y Chile) Recipe
Cost per serving $1.11 view details
- 2 lb Jack cheese grated
- 1 can diced green chiles - (7 ounce) Salt to taste
- 1/2 lb corn husks
- 4 lb prepared masa for tamales
- Mix cheese and chiles in large bowl and season to taste with salt. Soak husks in a sink filled with hot water 15 min. Remove and pat dry. Stack in pile.
- For each tamale, take a spoonful of masa and spread on corn husk, making sure which tapered end of husk points down and which there is room all around the husk to allow for wrapping. Place about 1/4 c. chile-cheese mix in center. Mix in each side of husk, then fold up from bottom. Repeat to make rest of tamales.
- When tamales are all formed, place in batches in steamer set over simmering water. Steam till masa is hard, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- This recipe yields 40 tamales.
- NOTES :
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 248g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 261||31%|
|Total Fat 29.36g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 15.66g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 117.54g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|