Light and refreshing ceviche. I used fresh striped bass that we caught on the Sacramento River, but think you could substitute with any fresh white fish, conch or scallops.
Cost per serving $1.23 view details
- 1 lb striped bass, filleted and trimmed
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 green jalapeno
- 1 red jalapeno
- salt & pepper to taste (~1/4 tsp each)
- Cube fish into 1/2" pieces
- Peel, pit and dice mango and avocado into 1/4"-1/3" pieces
- Thinly slice red onion and chop into 1/2"-1" strips
- Chop cilantro
- Stem, seed, halve down the long side and thinly slice (if the peppers have a lot of heat, reduce the amount)
- Mix all ingredients into large non-reactive bowl. Lightly season. Be somewhat gentle as to not smash mango or avocado (clean hands work the best)
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors mix. Ceviche is ready when fish meat changes color from opaque to white and texture is firm. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips, plantain chips or lettuce cups. Or in martini glasses if you want to be fancy.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 139g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||29%|
|Total Fat 3.25g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.57g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.32g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|