Cedar Plank Roasted Wild Mushrooms Recipe
This recipe is taken from Chef John Howie's cookbook, Passion & Palate: Recipes for a Generous Table.
Passion & Palate is a collection of stories and recipes from chef/author John Howie. The man behind this refined palate is a generous, conscientious community-builder, business and personal mentor, and thoughtful family man, who leads from his heart and lives to serve others – guests, employees, family and those in need.
Passion & Palate is endorsed by Chef Maria Hines, Coach Lenny Wilkens, Jay "The Bone" Buhner and many others. It features beautiful color photography and over 240 of your favorite recipes from Chef Howie.
Passion & Palate can be purchased at any John Howie Restaurant, or online: http://shinshinchez.com/product/john-howie-passion-palate
For more information, visit the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Passion-and-Palate-Recipes-for-a-Generous-Table/485048181548797
- Portabella Mushrooms – cut into 1 1/2” – 2” chunks, some stem is okay to use - 1 cup
- Cremini Mushrooms – cut in half, stem is okay to use - 1 cup
- Shiitake Mushrooms – cut into 2”-2 1/2” pcs., stem removed - ½ cup
- (Other seasonal wild mushrooms can be substituted)
- Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp.
- Olive Oil 6 Tbsp.
- Garlic – minced, fresh ½ tsp.
- Porcini Mushroom Rub 1 ½ tsp. – “Chef Howie’s – 3 Chefs in a Tub Brand” – recipe follows, or can be purchased at www.plankcooking.com
- Salt – kosher or sea 1/4 tsp.
- Pepper – fresh ground 1/8 tsp.
- Thyme – fresh, chopped 1 tsp.
- Rosemary – fresh, chopped ¼ tsp.
- Sage – fresh, chopped ¼ tsp.
- Lemon Slice - 1/6th (1/2" thick) 1 each
- Sage, Thyme, Rosemary Sprigs - large 1 of each
- PORCINI MUSHROOM RUB INGREDIENTS: YIELD: 1 ½ CUPS
- Dried Italian Porcini Mushrooms - processed to a fine ground consistency - 1 cup
- Salt – kosher 6 Tbsp.
- Thyme – dried leaves 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.
- Lemon Zest – minced 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp.
- White Pepper – ground 1 tsp.
- MUSHROOM RUB PROCEDURES:
- Combine and process all ingredients in a food processor until a fine powder is achieved.
- Wrap and store at room temperature until needed.
- * Note: The mushroom rub can be used for steak, chicken, seafood, pasta seasoning. It has many uses. Hold the remaining product in a sealed container at room temperature.
- Toss the mushrooms, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, porcini mushroom rub, herbs and mushrooms in a salad bowl until completely coated. Transfer and place on a large cedar baking plank covering 95% of the plank. Place cedar plank into a 375° oven.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, until the edges of the mushrooms are golden.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with the herb sprigs and lemon slice and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 62g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 180||94%|
|Total Fat 20.34g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.81g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.86g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|