Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Cauliflower can be delicious, I promise
Even your kids will love this recipe; just tell them it’s Mashed Potatoes.
I was a little hesitant at first seeing as how I love Potatoes, who would ever want to replace Potatoes with Cauliflower; they would have to be crazy.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Chives
- Cut the Cauliflower into small pieces, making sure to remove as much of the stem as possible.
- Rinse the florets with Vegetable Wash.Put them in a colander in the sink to drain.
- Put the Cauliflower into a Vegetable Steamer, I use an electric one.
- I set the Steamer for 25 minutes.
- You can check to see if itâs done by inserting a sharp knife into the Cauliflower. If it goes all the way through with ease then its done.
- Rinse a Handful of fresh Chives in cool water.You can also use Green Onions, I just like the size of the smaller Chives for this recipe.
- Cut the Chives into about 1/4 inch slices.
- Youâll need to cut enough to measure 2 Tablespoons and set aside.
- Put your Cauliflower into a large bowl and mash by hand until creamy.I use a dough sifter, but you can use a Fork or Potato Masher.Just donât use an electric mixer or theyâll be too watery.
- Add Butter, Sour Cream, Cheese, Salt, Pepper and Chives to your Cauliflower and stir until smooth.
- You can sprinkle the top with Cheese or Chives and serve. Enjoy!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 195||93%|
|Total Fat 22.07g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13.77g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.93g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|