Carrot-Ginger soup Recipe
Cost per serving $2.63 view details
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut off
- 1 small white onion, peeled and cut off
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of diced and peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 diced peeled apple
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 diced peeled pear, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced chives, for garnish
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- ♣Firstly in a 2-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook saute carrots and onions until become soft. Add next 4 ingredients (through apple); and cook saute until give off fragrant.
- ♣Then add broth and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil it gently. Leave it covered for 45 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- ♣Put the mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add coconut milk, and then add salt (to taste).
- ♣Finally garnish with diced pear and chives, if desired. Serve with 1 piece of bread.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 529g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 174||61%|
|Total Fat 20.63g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 16.4g||66%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.04g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|