Cardamom Stewed Chickpea And Tomato Ragout Recipe
Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- 1/2 c. peanut oil
- 1 lrg onion diced
- 6 x cardamom pods toasted and grnd
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds toasted and grnd
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds toasted and grnd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pwdr
- 1 lrg jalapeno seeded and minced
- 2 lrg tomatoes peeled, seeded, and minced
- 1 can chickpeas - (15 ounce) liquid removed, rinsed Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1/2 c. cilantro minced
- Heat a heavy-bottom saucepan over a medium flame. Add in oil and onion, cook till translucent/soft. Add in cardamom, coriander, cumin, and turmeric, stir for 1 minute.
- Add in jalapenos, tomatoes, and chickpeas; simmer for 20 min, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot or possibly at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 168||62%|
|Total Fat 19.1g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 3.17g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.52g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|