Caramel-peanut cake Recipe
Cost per serving $1.40 view details
- 6 eggs, egg yolks separated from the egg whites
- 80g sugar
- 100g almonds, finely ground
- 25g cocoa
- Caramel cream:
- 3 tbs water
- 150g sugar
- 150ml cream
- 150g peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 500ml cream
- 300g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa parts)
- Syrup for the sponge:
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs rum
- For the sponge, beat egg yolks with sugar for 3-4 minutes until the mixture doubles in volume and becomes pale yellow.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the egg yolks cream.
- Gently stir in almonds and cocoa.
- Lightly butter and flour a Ã¸20 round cake pan, line with parchment paper. Pour in the sponge mixture Bake in preheated oven at 180ËC for about 20 minutes or until done (the trick with a toothpick).
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the cake pan, then carefully remove it and split into two layers.
- For the caramel cream heat sugar and water over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and comes to a boil. Continue cooking, but without stirring, until mixture becomes golden amber in color. Remove from flame and set aside.
- Whip the cream, gradually stir in the caramel syrup.
- Add peanuts, stir and combine. Mixture must be smooth (at first it will foam up a little). Transfer the cream to a bowl to cool down to room temperature and thicken.
- For the ganache bring the cream just to a boil over medium-high heat; pour over chocolate. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir very gently for 3-4 minutes until smooth and glossy, incorporating the cream steadily, without overworking.
- Cool ganache for an hour or until completely chilled, then beat for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes fluffy and lighter in color. Do not overbeat because it will become too thick and not spreadable.
- To assemble the cake, first sprinkle each cake layer with half of the rum and water syrup.
- Spread the caramel cream over the bottom layer, cover with the top layer (wet side down).
- Immediately spread ganache over top and sides of cake.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 175g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 295||55%|
|Total Fat 33.17g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 17.17g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 51.72g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|