Cannellini bean hummus Recipe
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- Blend tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, water, olive oil, and about one-fourth of the beans in food processor until mixed. Mix in the oregano if desired. Slowly blend in remaining beans until entire mixture is creamy. Taste test as needed: add slightly more salt or garlic or lemon juice or tahini as needed.
- Serve with mildly toasted or microwaved pita bread. (Pita crackers also work.) Spread hummus on pita bread then pour a bit of olive oil on top. Dash a bit of Cayenne pepper on if desired. Diced kalamata olives go VERY well on top.
- Veggie slices (cucumbers, bell peppers, celery....) also compliment this well, if desired.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 106||60%|
|Total Fat 12.17g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.73g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.05g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|