Candy Bar Cookie Bars Recipe
Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 2/3 C butter
- 1/4 C dark or light colored corn syrup
- 1/4 C peanut butter
- 3 1/2 C quick cooking rolled oats (Oatmeal)
- 1-12 oz package semi sweet chocolate pieces (2 Cups)
- 1 C butterscotch flavored pieces (Nestle preferably)
- 2/3 C peanut butter
- 1 C chopped peanuts (dry roasted or plain)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 C peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- For crust, place oats in a large bowl. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats, stirring gently until combined. Press oat mixture into bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 pan. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- In the same saucepan, heat and stir chocolate pieces and butterschoch pieces over low heat until smooth. Stir in the 2/3 C peanut butter until smooth.
- Sprinkle half of the peanuts over crust. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over the peanuts, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over top of the chocolate. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack until bars are firm. Cut into 1 inch squares.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 100 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||50%|
|Total Fat 4.32g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.97g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.64g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|