Candied Yam Pie/Spiced Whipped Cream Recipe
Cost per serving $0.87 view details
- 9 x inch pie crust
- 2 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 3 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice divided
- 1 can yams in syrup, liquid removed 18 o
- 8 ounce dairy lowfat sour cream
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1/3 c. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt spiced whipped cream:
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preparation Time: 0:50A very special Thanksgiving dessert, this pie is a delicious alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Use a fork to prick the sides and bottom of the unbaked pie crust. Bake till golden brown, about 5 min. Brush sides and bottom of the warm crust with the orange marmalade; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake till marmalade is glazed, 2-3 min. Cold slightly on wire rack.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, place yams, lowfat sour cream, Large eggs, orange juice, sugar, salt and remaining 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Whirl till smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into baked crust. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake till a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 min. Cold on wire rack for 45 min or possibly more. Cover and chill till cool; 2 hrs or possibly more. Garnish iwth spiced cream and top with roasted pecans if you like. Spiced Whipped
- Cream: In a small bowl of electric mixer, beat cream, sugar and pumpkin pie spice till soft peaks form. Jo Merrill
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 163||51%|
|Total Fat 18.28g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 8.57g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.98g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|