Camarones Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp) Recipe
Cost per serving $3.83 view details
- 1/2 c. pure Spanish extra virgin olive oil or possibly more to taste
- 6 x cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 lb prawns or possibly extra-large shrimp shells and heads left on juice of two limes salt to taste
- 1 pch dry oregano
- 1/4 c. finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 dsh Tabasco sauce optional
- In a large skillet over low heat, heat the oil till it is fragrant, then cook the garlic, stirring, 1 to 2 min. Raise the heat to medium, add in the shrimp, and cook, stirring, till they turn pink, 5 min. (If you prefer extra oil, add in it along with the shrimp.) Add in the lime juice, salt, oregano, and parsley, and stir well. Correct seasonings and add in Tabasco.
- Transfer to a heated serving platter and serve immediately, accompanied by crunchy bread to soak up the garlic-flavored oil.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 250g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 195||48%|
|Total Fat 21.96g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3.24g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.11g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|