Cajun Pork Burgers Recipe
Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 3/4 lb andouille removed from casing
- 1 lb grnd pork
- 1 x celery rib finely minced
- 1/2 x green bell pepper finely minced
- 1 sm white onion (boiling onion) finely minced
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme - (4 sprigs) (or possibly 1 tspn dry thyme)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper sauce (several drops) Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 5 x crusty rolls
- 1/2 c. chili sauce
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise">mayonnaise or possibly reduced fat mayonnaise">mayonnaise (3 well-rounded Tbsp.)
- 1/4 c. prepared sweet red pepper relish (3 well-rounded Tbsp.) Bibb lettuce or possibly hearts of romaine Sliced vine ripe tomato Red Bean Salad (see recipe) Cajun Oven Fries (see recipe)
- Cut sausage into large chunks and place in a food processor. Grind sausage into crumbles. Combine grnd sausage with pork, vegetables, garlic, thyme, warm sauce and a little salt and pepper.
- Form mix into patties and cook 7 min on each side on an indoor electric grill preheated to high.
- To cook in a skillet, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook burgers 6 to 7 min on each side.
- For outdoor grill, cook patties 6-inches from warm coals or possibly over medium-high gas heat 6 min on each side, covered.
- Mix chili sauce, mayonnaise, and sweet relish in a small bowl. Serve burgers on crusty rolls with special sauce, lettuce, and tomato. Serve with red bean salad and Cajun oven fries.
- This recipe yields 5 burgers.
- Comments: P.S. Do not forget a cool beer for Pop!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 156g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 257||77%|
|Total Fat 28.75g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 8.47g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.65g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|