Cajun Chicken Linguine Alfredo, Skinnyfied Recipe
bit spicy, a bit creamy, this decadent pasta brings a classic Chicken Alfredo to a whole new level. It’s bursting with flavor and spice thanks to the Cajun seasonings. Normally this pasta dish contains an astronomical amount of fat and calories at 919 calories and over 61 grams of fat! I’ve made it skinny by using reduced-fat milk instead of heavy cream, less reduced-fat butter instead of regular and opting for fiber dense whole wheat linguine. The skinny for 1 serving, 391 calories, 9.8 grams fat and 10 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- 1 package (1 lb.) chicken breast tenders or 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Spice of Lifeâs âCajun Sensationâ spices, see shopping tip
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- Â¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- Â¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), blotted well with paper towels
- Â¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Â¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Â¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken pieces and sautÃ© until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add green onions, milk, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for few minutes until heated through.
- Toss in cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese and coat pasta well.
- Divide among 4 pasta bowls or plates.
- Shopping Tip-I used my favorite brand of Cajun spices, Spice of Life âCajun Sensationâ blend. Itâs just fabulous! To order online or find out where itâs sold, go to their website, www.PasoSpices.com. Or, use a Cajun blend available in most supermarkets in the spice aisle.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 232g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 280||46%|
|Total Fat 31.4g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 11.36g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|