Cabbage Kheer Recipe
Cost per serving $3.81 view details
- 2 cups shredded Cabbage
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup Sugar – or you may reduce it depending on your taste
- A pinch of saffron
- 2-3 cardamom pods – pounded
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ¼ broken pistachios and cashew pieces.
- 2 tbsp Almond powder – optional
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan, and add shredded cabbage to it. Let it cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes. Turn off the flame, drain the cabbage completely and reserve the drained water aside.
- Now, heat ghee in a big pot and throw in the drained cabbage. Fry for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Keeping the flame low, add milk and condensed milk and cook this mixture for about 25-30 minutes till milk reduces to almost half of its quantity, stirring frequently to avoid it getting burnt
- Add sugar and almond meal at this stage and keep stirring for 10-15 minutes more. Add in cardamom pods and saffron and turn off the flame.
- Add pistachios and cashews and keep in the refrigerator to chill
- Serve chilled, garnishing with more cashews on top if required
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 889g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 430||29%|
|Total Fat 48.41g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 28.93g||116%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 231.74g||62%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|