Cabbage Apple Slaw - Netta Belle's Choice Recipe
A heart healthy crispy salad of cabbage, apples, celery, walnuts and raisins. A salad for all seasons.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com
All rights reserved.
- 3 cups white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 chopped Gala or Yellow Delicious apples, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Put the shredded cabbage in a large bowl.
- Dice the apples, stir in the lemon juice to prevent browning of the apples.
- Add apples to the bowl of cabbage.
- Add the celery, walnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins and ginger.
- In a small bowl, heat the honey 10 seconds in microwave to liquefy honey to enhance blending.
- Stir in the lemon juice, mayonnaise and celery seed.
- Blend ingredients to smooth sauce.
- Pour over the cabbage apple slaw and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 71g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||78%|
|Total Fat 16.79g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.15g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.22g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|