Buttery Sourdough Dinner Rolls Recipe
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 1/2 cup active sourdough starter
- 1/2 tbs. yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (105-115 F)
- 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 6 tbs. melted butter, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2- 2/12 cups AP unbleached flour
- In a small bowl, proof yeast in warm water with sugar added.
- In a mixing bowl, add starter, salt, 2 tbs. butter, yeast mixture, and 2 cups flour.
- Stir, adding a bit of flour, until dough pulls aways from the side of the bowl.
- Move to a floured cutting board and knead 5-8minutes, adding flour as needed.
- Put 2 tbs. butter in the bowl, roll the dough in it, cover.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectagle 1/2 inch tall.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the dough into 4 equal strips.
- Brush on the rest of the butter.
- Stack the pieces on top of each other, then cut into 8-10 one and a half inch pieces.
- Place them, cut side up, into muffin cups.
- Roll them into any shape you want, like cloverleaves.
- Let rise a half hour, or more.
- Turn the oven to 400 F.
- When oven is hot, bake rolls for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush on rest of butter.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||94%|
|Total Fat 11.56g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.44g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|