Butternut Squash And Prawn Soup Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 18 lrg Prawns, shelled and deveined, shells and p
- 2 x Leeks, trimmed and slices
- 4 x Fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 x Fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 c. Water
- 4 c. Dry white wine
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 med Yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 lb Butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2inc
- 1 x Fresh sprig rosemary
- 6 c. Prawn stock
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice Salt and pepper A few dashes Tabasco
- The Stock : Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. When warm, add in the prawn shells and leeks and saute/fry till the shells turn pink and the leeks are translucent/soft. Add in the thyme, parsley, water and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min, pressing down on the prawn shells to extract their flavor. Strain the stock through a fine sieve, again pressing on the prawn shells. Reserve the stock and throw away the solids. The Soup: In the same saucepan in that you sauteed the prawns, add in the onions and saute/fry till translucent/soft. Add in the squash and rosemary, reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 min. Add in 5 c. of the stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook till the squask is very tender, 1015 min.
- Throw away the rosemary. Puree the soup in a food processor or possibly food mill in small batches. Add in the remaining 1 c. stock if the soup is you desire a thinner soup. Return the puree to the pan over medium heat. Slice the prawns in half lengthwise. Add in the prawns to the soup and cook till they turn pink. Transfer prawns to a hot platter and cover. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper and a few dashes of Tabasco. To serve: Ladle the soup into shallow soup bowls and set 6 prawns on top of each. Garnish with rosemary.
- Yield:6 serving
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner