Butternut Squash and Apple Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup.
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, in their skins
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh sage, full leaves
- Olive oil
- Water (if preferred chicken or vegetable stock)
- Pour over a tablespoon of olive oil to cover the veggies, garlic and sage.
- Heat the oven to 425F
- Place all the ingredients into a large roasting pan (if the pan is overcrowded use 2 otherwise the veggies will steam instead of roast).
- Roast for approximately 50 minutes to an hour, until all the veggies are soft and slightly brown at the edges.
- Remove to cool a little for 10 minutes or so and then blend in a blender with water, or if you prefer chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- Check the seasonings.
- Serve with a garnish of sage and a small dollop of creme fraiche, or if you prefer, a swirl of cream.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||3%|
|Total Fat 0.12g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.61g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|