Buttermilk Pancake Mix Recipe
Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 2 c. Buttermilk pwdr
- 8 c. Flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 c. Sugar, granulated
- 8 tsp Baking pwdr
- 4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c. Pancake mix
- 1 c. Water, or possibly more as needed
- MAKE PANCAKE MIX: Sift the ingredients together well. Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- MAKE 10 PANCAKES: Mix ingredients till blended together. Let it stand five min. Cook some pancakes. Eat and enjoy.
- NOTES:* A make-it-yourself mix for buttermilk pancakes -
- this book and its predecessor, Make-a-mix Cookery is which you can save time and money by making your own mixes for every stage of dinner planning. It seems to work.
- Yield: 10 c. of mix of mix.
- * Use the mix within 6 months of when you make it.
- * The pancakes made from this mix aren't as sweet as those made from Aunt Jemima mix, but they are good. You can always add in sugar, of course.
- * Although we haven't tried this (yet), you could probably vary the recipe by using a different type of flour to make, for example, your own buckwheat pancakes.
- * If you cannot find buttermilk pwdr in your local grocery store, try a bulk food store.
- Difficulty: easy.
- Time: 5 min to make the mix if you have the ingredients.
- Precision: measure the ingredients.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 243g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||7%|
|Total Fat 4.62g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.78g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 121.57g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|