Buttermilk Drop Biscuits Recipe
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 2 cups AP flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter flavor Crisco
- 1-1 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- Melted butter
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in Crisco with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add 1 cup buttermilk or milk, and mix dough just enough to pull it together into a ball. If too dry, add a bit more milk (weather can affect the dough).
- Drop 2 1/2 - 3" pieces of dough onto the baking pan. Use uour fingers to lightly press into a more or less round shape.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 8 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and serve.
- Note: I like to mix 4 tbs. melted butter with 2 tbs. honey and brush that on top of the biscuits, or use garlic butter with parsley.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 144||90%|
|Total Fat 16.42g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.21g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|