Butter Cookies Recipe
A few months back, I saw butter cookies recipe on my favorite blog and when I went through it, the recipe looked quite simple. And since I truly trust the recipes of this blog (which belongs to my mentor of baking!), I instantly decided to try the butter cookies recipe. As expected, the result was perfect.
The best part about these cookies is that they can be served and decorated in a number of ways. If you want to keep it simple, you can leave them as it is or simply brush it with egg yolks and sprinkle chopped nuts of your choice or granulated sugar on top. Another option can be making sandwich cookies filled with chocolate ganache or your favorite jam; the possibilities are infinite!
For a more sophisticated look, these cookies can be coated with royal icing in a number of ways. Recently I tried my butter cookies with royal icing and the result was amazing.
Preparing and decorating with royal icing, however, is a lengthy process and requires detailed explanation, which I shall cover soon in some other blog post. For now, I am posting just the cookies recipe, which I have taken as it is from bake fresh. Enjoy!
- Beat butter (at room temperature) and sugar until well combined.
- Add in vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Add in egg and beat well.
- Add in sifted flour and mix with hands just enough to form a uniform ball.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter in desired shape; place on an ungreased tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190C (no.5) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||35%|
|Total Fat 6.54g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.86g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.95g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|