Butter Chicken Recipe
the best butter chicken recipe i've tried, just make sure to use heinz tomato soup it's the only one that really tastes good
Original recipe of sandi richard - fixing dinner cookbook i think
Cost per serving $1.21 view details
- Butter Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 Tbsp garam masala (spice mix found in the spice aisle)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Madras curry paste (in a jar from the ethnic section)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter (light)
- 1 can tomato soup (10oz or 284ml - I use reduced salt)
- 1/2 of the soup can filled with 10% cream
- 1/2 of the soup can filled with 1% milk (or whatever you have)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro'flat leaf parsley (cilantro sucks as far as i'm concerned)
- 1. Melt butter in a large frying pan at medium heat.
- 2. Cut each chicken breast into approx 9 chucks, adding to the butter as you cut. Toss until no longer pink.
- 3. Add garam masala, paprika, cinnamon, sugar, chili powder, madras curry and peanut butter. Stir to coat.
- 4. Gradually stir in tomato soup, cream, milk and chicken broth. Chop cilantro and toss into pot. Stir and heat at a high simmer.
- sprinkle parsley over the dish before serving
- . We always have the butter chicken on rice, but it would be good with just Naan bread too.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 189g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 161||56%|
|Total Fat 18.13g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 7.72g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 10.26g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|