Burma Baklava Recipe
I also learned this recepie from a Turkish friend,...here it goes. This is great for newbies and oldies. very quick easy and simple.
Cost per serving $1.05 view details
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 sticks real unsalted butter
- 2 cups crushed walnuts, pitachios, or pecans.
- 2 tsp sugar to mix w/crushed walnuts.
- 1 box of fillo dough.
- 1 tsp lemon juice (I preffer lime)
- (fillo normally comes in two rolls in seperate bags)
- optional******in melted sugar-a couple drops of vanilla.
- optional******in melted sugar-a 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/2 inch dowel -14-16" long
- lay out each sheet of unrolled fillo vertically.
- place dowel at bottom end and sprinkle sugar and walnut mixture just above the dowel rod and roll upwards. (loosley) some might puncture through but it will be ok.
- once rolled all the way up take both ends pinch and push towards the center until creating a crinkle/wormy effect.(make sure to cover unused sheets they need to stay soft,...if dry dough will crack try to work quickly!)
- place in baking pan; fitting tightly againt eachother.
- repeat until finished.
- boil butter and remove all the "foaminess" this is extra water and will cause it to burn.
- pour evenly throughout.
- bake 375f until golden.
- carefull they go from golden to burnt very quickly!
- while cooking boil the sugar and water mixture bring to boil and let cook for 10 minutes.
- add lemon return to a boil for 3 minutes and turn off. let rest on hot stove...keep warm.
- once ready remove baklava from oven.
- let cool until almost cool but still warm.
- then add your sugar mixture.
- let sit and absorb 1 1/2 hours.
- serve and garnish with crushed nut of choice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 273||56%|
|Total Fat 31.5g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 15.32g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.92g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|