Brussels Sprouts with Pearl Onions Recipe
A vegetable dish made flavorful and healthy with a sprinkling of sesame seeds over steamed Brussels sprouts and pearl onions. There are a winter holiday favorite.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com.
All rights reserved.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup fresh pearl onions
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Toast sesame seeds by stirring in a hot skillet until lightly brown. Watch carefully to keep from burning. Set aside.
- Trim outer leaves and cut bottoms of Brussels sprouts, cut in half and wash.
- Steam sprouts in vegetable steamer or parboil in boiling water for 5 -7 minutes; drain.
- Bring a sauce pan of water to boil, drop in the whole unpeeled pearl onions. Boil 3 minutes.
- Drain onion.
- Cut the end off the onions and squeeze the onion out of the outer skins.
- Melt the butter in skillet, add Brussels sprouts and pearl onions, heat briefly to keep at serving temperature.
- Add toasted sesame seeds prior to serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||28%|
|Total Fat 2.59g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.34g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.76g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|