Broccoli Cheese Soup Tsr Recipe
Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- TablespoonsG.I. Friday's
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- So good, and yet so easy. Now you can recreate this one at home just by tossing a few items into a saucepan. Try to find one of the large cartons of chicken stock at your store - there's a perfect four c. of broth in there. Use Swanson brand if your store carries it. One bunch of broccoli should provide sufficient florets for this baby. Just cut the broccoli into bite-size pcs using a sharp knife. Use only the florets and ditch the stem.
- 4 c. chicken broth1 c. water1 c. half & half4 slices Kraft Cheddar Singles1/2 c. all-purpose flour1/2 tsp. dry chopped onion1/4 tsp. grnd black pepper4 c. broccoli florets (bite-size)
- Garnish1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine chicken broth, water, half & half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan. Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high.
- 2. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 3. Add in broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 min or possibly till broccoli is tender but not soft.
- 4. For each serving spoon one c. of soup into a bowl and garnish with a Tbsp. of shredded cheese and a healthy pinch of parsley.
- Makes 6 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 20g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||41%|
|Total Fat 0.75g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.33g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.0g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|