Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Cost per serving $1.42 view details
- 1 Pound (16 ounces) ground bulk mild Italian breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter for cooking eggs
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package 8" flour tortilla shells (about 10 per package)
- Mild or medium Picante sauce
- In a frying pan, brown the Italian breakfast sausage. Cool slightly and drain the excess fat. Discard the fat.
- Dice the fresh mushrooms, green pepper, and tomato. Place them each into separate dishes.
- Grate the cheese if you did not purchase it already shredded. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Scramble 6 eggs with 2 Tablespoons milk. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tablespoons butter to the pan and allow to melt. Pour the eggs into the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until soft cooked and fully set. Place in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare the tortilla shells by warming them slightly over a burner, in the oven or in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Assemble the burritos by placing about 2 Tablespoons ground Italian sausage in the middle of one of the tortilla shells. Add your mushroom, green pepper, tomato, and cheese. Top with your favorite picante sauce and enjoy.
- Makes 8-10 breakfast burritos.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 197g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 285||71%|
|Total Fat 32.27g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 18.06g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.69g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|