Bouillabaisse Marseillaise Recipe
Cost per serving $6.98 view details
- 2 1/2 lb Spanish mackerel
- 1 1/2 lb either striped or possibly sea bass
- 1 lb each red snapper, eel, perch and cod.
- 2 x lobsters, each weighing about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and minced
- 3 lrg leeks, minced
- 2 med -sized onions, peeled and minced
- 1 lrg carrot, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 x or possibly 3 clv garlic, crushed
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 dsh of thyme
- 1 pch of fresh fennel tips (if available) Dry rind of 1/2 orange
- 1 Tbsp. salt Pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Cut all of the fish into 1-inch thick slices.
- Cut lobsters in the same way, shells and all
- Place above ingredients in a large kettle. Arrange the lobster pcs on top of the vegetables and add in all the fish except the perch and the cod. Add in 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil and sufficient water to cover the mix well. Bring to a boil as quickly as possible and boil it over high heat for 8 min. Add in the perch and codfish and boil the mix for 8 min longer. Shelled and deveined shrimp may also be added at this time, if you like.
- To serve, remove the fish and lobster to a serving dish. Slice French bread about 1/4-inch thick, put it in the bottom of a large soup tureen and pour the bouillon over it. Serve the soup and the fish separately.
- Serves 10 to 12.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 454g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 236||42%|
|Total Fat 26.34g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 5.34g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.12g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|