SERVINGS 12 UNITS US
2⁄3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
1 egg, beaten (reserve 1 tsp)
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
sliced almonds, for garnish (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup of minced ginger
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten (reserve 1 tsp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- sliced almonds, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup ofrminced ginger
- In medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar and almond extract.
- Add beaten egg except for 1 teaspoon.
- Sift flour and baking powder, and add to bowl, mixing with wet ingredients.
- Put dough in greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix the reserved 1 tsp of beaten egg with 1 tsp of water, and brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired. (My Oma always used the almonds, it looks pretty and adds a nice touch!).
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until done (firm to the touch).
- This is a dense cake, but should be soft on the inside and hard on the outside, but not too hard!