Bosc Pear Custard Tarts Recipe
- 4 x Northwest Bosc Pears
- 4 c. Water
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 tsp Grated orange peel, divided
- 1 x Cinnamon stick
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. Vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1/2 c. Minced nuts
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine, softened to room Temperature
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 c. Reserved poaching syrup.
- Leaving stem intact, pare skin from pears and cut out core from blossom end. Beginning 1-inch from stem, cut lengthwise slashes, cutting through to center of pear. Combine water, sugar, 1 Tbsp. orange peel and cinnamon stick in large saucepan; bring to boil. Add in pears and gently simmer 8 to 10 min or possibly till pears are tender.
- Drain pears, reserving 1 c. syrup for glaze (optional). Combine sugar, cornstarch and remaining orange peel in saucepan; stir in lowfat milk and bring to boil over medium heat. Stir small amount of warm mix into egg; return egg mix to lowfat milk mix. Cook and stir till thickened. Cold. Pour about 1/4 c. into bottom of each prepared tart shell. Place one pear on each tart; brush with Orange Glaze.
- Cookie Tart Shells Blend together ingredients and press into 4-inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake 375 degrees F. 10 min or possibly till golden brown. Cold.
- Makes four 4-inch tart shells.
- Orange Glaze
- Blend cornstarch and syrup and bring to boil over medium heat, cook and stir till thickened.
- Makes 1 c..
- Quantity: Serves 4.
- Always be sure to use ripe pears.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner