Blueberry Scones Recipe
Delicious blueberry scones. Just put them in the microwave for 10 seconds and they'll taste like they just came out of the oven!
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into pieces
- 1 cup plus 2 T. chilled buttermilk
- 1 cup or 6 oz. package of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl to blend.
- Add butter and shortening- using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms.
- Add 1 cup buttermilk and stir lightly until dough comes together in large moist clumps.
- Gently toss in blueberries.
- Gather dough into ball.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface.
- Gently knead 3 or 4 turns to combine well- careful not to mash blueberries!
- Divide dough into two balls and flatten each ball into 3/4 inch thick rounds.
- Using floured knife, cut eat round into 8-10 wedges.
- Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheets. Brush each wedge with remaining 2 T. buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake scones until light gloden brown, about 15 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 51g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 98||51%|
|Total Fat 11.14g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.67g||19%|
|Trans Fat 1.9g|
|Total Carbs 20.28g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|