Blueberry Pancake Syrup Recipe
Cost per serving $4.99 view details
- Pour berries in pan and mash with potato masher till most all skins are broken.
- Add in 1 c. of the water and strips of lemon peel and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low and cook berries for 5 minutes. at just under a simmer.
- Pour warm berries into strainer lined with 2 layers of cheese-cloth (or possibly something similar) and let juice drip through. Twist cloth to extract all the juice; there should be abt. 2 c.. Throw away pulp.
- Combine remaining 2 c. water with sugar in small saucepan and bring mix to a boil, stirring, till sugar is dissolved and mix is clear.
- Wash down sides of pan with wet pastry brush, then boil syrup, without stirring, till it reaches 260 F. on candy thermometer.
- Add in blueberry syrup to sugar syrup and bring mix to boil for 1 minutes. Let cold, then add in lemon juice to taste.
- Pour into 2 pint jars. Will keep in 'fridge for 2 mos. For longer storage, can syrup following usual methods. Process for 30 minutes. in water just under boiling. Cold jars on rack.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 636g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||5%|
|Total Fat 0.93g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.75g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||22%|