Blueberry & Almond Brunch Slaw Recipe
About to make a small amount of coleslaw one day an inspiration came to me to make a fruited version with blueberries. But then I couldn’t stop at that - what would compliment the blueberries? Almonds! Next a binder sauce of yogurt , and quickly this little salad-making side trip became a beautiful and healthy brunch slaw! You’ll love the crunch of cabbage and almonds and the sweetness of blueberries here. Heart-healthy and diabetes-friendly, this recipe makes a novel slaw for breakfast, lunch or brunch. Seriously ~ try it!
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt (or Greek yogurt, sour cream, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- Sweetener (type and amount your choice: sugar, agave nectar, Splenda, stevia, etc.)
- Garnish (optional: mint leaves, sliced almonds)
- In medium mixing measure the cabbage, blueberries and almonds. In small mixing bowl stir together yogurt, almond extract, salt, and your choice and amount of sweetener.
- Lightly toss the dressing into the cabbage and blueberries.
- Garnish and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||22%|
|Total Fat 1.52g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.16g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.27g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|