Blue Ribbon Chili 1993 Puppy's Breath Chili Recipe
- 3 lb Tri-tip beef or possibly sirloin tip Cut in small pcs Grnd
- 2 tsp Wesson Oil
- 1 sm Yellow onion
- 1 x 14 ounce can beef broth
- 3 Tbsp. Grnd cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 6 x Cloves garlic (finely -- Minced)
- 3 Tbsp. Gebhardt chili pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. New Mexico Mild chili -- Pwdr
- 5 x -6 Tbsp California Chili -- Pwdr
- 1 x 8 ounce can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 x Dry New Mexico chili -- Pepper, boiled and p
- 3 x Dry California chili -- Peppers, boiled and
- 1 x 14 ounce can of chicken broth
- 1 tsp TABASCO sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 x Lime -- dash of MSG To Taste
- Brown meat in Wesson Oil for about an hour over medium heat. Add in onion and sufficient beef broth to cover meat. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 min.
- Add in 1 Tbsp cumin and tsp of Oregano. Reduce heat to light boil and add in half of the garlic. Add in half of the chili pwdr and cook for 10 min.
- Add in Hunts tomato sauce with the pulp from the dry peppers and remaining garlic. Add in any remaining beef broth and chicken broth for desired consistency. Cook for one hour on medium heat stirring occasionally. Add in remaining chili powders and cumin. Simmer for 25 min on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn up heat to light boil and add in Tabasco pepper sauce, salt to taste, brown sugar and juice of lime. Simmer on medium heat till you are ready to enter this championship recipe at your next cookoff or possibly to a group of hungry chili lovers. Be sure to have plenty of Gaviscon available for those with weak stomachs. KEEP YOUR POT Warm!!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner