Black Forest Cake (Simplified) Recipe
Cost per serving $1.31 view details
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 c. kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 16 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
- Maraschino cherries, liquid removed
- 8 ounce semi-sweet bar chocolate for chocolate curls
- 1. Thoroughly drain cherry pie filling in a colander to remove most of the thickened juices.2. In two 9 inch pans, bake cake and then remove as directed.
- 3. When cool, sprinkle kirsch over both cake layers.
- 4. Refrigerate electric beaters and large bowl, beat cream till it thickens slightly, gradually add in confectioners' sugar and beat till thick sufficient to hold its shape.
- 5. Over waxed paper, shave chocolate bar with vegetable peeler, chill curls till ready to use.
- 6. Assemble cake - place one layer on serving plate and spread its top with 1/2 inch thick layer of whipped cream and strew the cherries over the cream leaving about 1/2 inch margin around border of cake with no cherries.
- 7. Set other layer on top of cherries and spread top and sides of cake with remaining cream, shape whipped cream into decorative swirls on top.
- 8. With fingers, gently press chocolate curls into cream on sides of cake.
- 9. Garnish top with liquid removed maraschino cherries, if you like, or possibly with a couple remaining chocolate curls.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 209||65%|
|Total Fat 24.28g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 14.91g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.85g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|