Black-eyed Pea~Sweet Potato~Collard Green Stew Recipe
Cost per serving $1.27 view details
- 16 ounce Fresh Collard Greens (coarsely chopped, rinsed)
- one 15.5 ounce can Black Eye Peas (Rinsed)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (microwaved, peeled, cubed)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- one tablespoon black pepper
- one clove garlic
- one slice bacon
- In a stock pot or dutch oven add vegetable stock, clove of garlic, bacon slice, black pepper on medium heat, stir.
- In the microwave between two paper towels prick the two sweet potatoes with the fork a few times and microwave them 7 minutes (just until tender enough to cube) add into stock pot, stir and cook 6 minutes, add collard greens and stir again, cover the pot and cook 10 minutes, add black eyed peas and stir, cover and cook 9 more minutes.
- Easy-peasey and flavorful
- To freeze allow to completely cool down and transfer into freezer safe containers.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 238g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||31%|
|Total Fat 3.62g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.15g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.9g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|