Black Bean and Tomato Quinoa Recipe
This is a delicious quinoa recipe that we served with our garlic lime grilled pork chops. This is flavorful enough that you'll want to serve it with a relatively simple grilled dish. It would go wonderfully with grilled fish, chicken, or steak. Or try it with the pork recipe linked below.
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, butter, oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- Wash quinoa thoroughly in 3 rinses. Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt for 2 quarts water), uncovered, until tender, about 12 minutes. Cover quinoa with a folded kitchen towel, and let stand, covered with towel, 5-10 minutes.
- Add quinoa to dressing bowl and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||21%|
|Total Fat 9.14g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.99g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 59.52g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||40%|