Birdseed Buttermilk Biscuits With Cheddar Cheese Recipe
Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- 1 c. flour plus more
- 1 1/2 tsp baking pwdr Salt to taste
- 1 sm green onion minced
- 1/3 c. diced Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. millet see * Note
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter cut small pcs, plus more for greasing pan
- 1/2 c. buttermilk shaken well
- 1 x egg
- * Note: Look for millet at health food stores.
- Place flour, baking pwdr, 1/8 tsp. salt, onion, cheese, millet and butter in food processor fitted with metal blade. Mix till cheese and butter are coarsely minced. Drizzle buttermilk proportionately over mix. Pulse till dough starts to clump together. Don't pulse longer than necessary. Dough will be very wet.
- Transfer to well-floured board. Sprinkle top of dough with flour. Fold dough over and back onto itself till smooth, 3 to 5 times, adding flour as needed to keep it from sticking to board. Press dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cutter.
- Transfer biscuits to greased baking sheet. Mix egg and 1/2 tsp. salt with fork till lightly blended. Lightly brush tops of biscuits with egg glaze. Bake at 400 degrees till golden brown, about 16 min. Transfer to wire rack. Cold at least 15 min before serving. (Can also be completely cooled, then frzn in an airtight plastic bag for 1 month. Let come to room temperature before reheating. Serve hot. Biscuits reheat best in microwave.)
- This recipe yields 6 biscuits.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 26g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 72||71%|
|Total Fat 8.18g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.85g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.01g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|