Betsy’s Best Berry Waffle Recipe
Breakfast is essentially “breaking” the fast and truly is the most important meal of the day! Why not start your day right with a carbohydrate and protein balanced waffle that will fuel the body without weighing you down. This delicious mix is gluten free, high in protein, and bursting with a berry flavor!
- 1 1/2 C Gluten Free flour mix- (start with ½ cup, use no more than 2 cups)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c fresh berries
- 2 T sugar or honey
- 3 Cs buttermilk (or choice of milk alternative and add a drop of lemon juice to sour)
- 1 C sour cream, sweet cream or plain yogurt
- ¼ C Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter
- Berries for garnish
- Combine the dry ingredients.together the egg, sugar, buttermilk and yogurt. Stir in Betsy’s Best. Add to the dry ingredients and blend together.
- Batter should be light and creamy. If batter is too thick, add additional milk to thin.
- Let batter stand for 2-3 minutes. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook according to directions. Garnish with berries and enjoy!
- The aroma in the house when you waffle press this delicious recipe will start mouths watering. Mix up the flavor with different berries and different varieties of Betsy’s Best!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 363g|
|Calories from Fat 441||78%|
|Total Fat 50.09g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 27.84g||111%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.0g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|