Best Bacon Caprese Sandwich Recipe
This Best Bacon Caprese Sandwich with basil garlic aioli combines two of my favorite lunches: the classic BLT and the Caprese Salad. It’s a winner!
Cost per serving $2.02 view details
- Basil Garlic Aioli:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 7 slices Bacon,halved
- 2 Ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced (heirloom if available)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Basil Garlic Aioli Sauce from above
- To make Basil Garlic Aioli Sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make Bacon Weave: Preheat oven to 375°F and place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet (this will catch the grease). If you don’t have a baking rack, line the baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Start by placing 3 bacon halves side-by-side on the pan (I made 2 weaves above in the picture-so I used 6 pieces total for this step). Then interlace the strips of bacon as one would a lattice top for a pie. You weave under and over to form a square (copy picture above). I used 4 pieces of bacon going the opposite direction, but you can use 3 if you prefer. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your bacon. Lift off of pan with a spatula onto paper towels.
- To assemble Sandwich: On your toasted Ciabatta rolls, spread the Basil Garlic Aioli on each half to your liking and layer the tomato slices, mozzarella slices and bacon weave on top. Enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 228g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 730||86%|
|Total Fat 81.71g||102%|
|Saturated Fat 25.9g||104%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.8g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|