Beets With Carrots In A Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 6 med Carrots scrubbed
- 4 med Beets scrubbed
- 1 med Cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4" thick crescents
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 bn Cilantro, leaves only minced
- 1 x Garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- Using a steamer basket over medium-boiling salted water, lightly steam the carrots and beets till tender and cooked through, about 12 min for the carrots and 15 to 20 min for the beets. Remove carrots and beets and let sit at room temperature till cooled. Peel beets and cut into bite-size slices. Cut carrots on the diagonal.
- Mix vegetables in a large bowl along with the cucumber.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigeratethe salad till ready to serve.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 174g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||5%|
|Total Fat 0.41g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.19g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|