Beef Potpie Cooking Light Recipe
Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. Nonfat dry lowfat milk pwdr
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x (10-1/2-ounce) cn beef broth, undiluted
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 1 lb 93% ultra-lean grnd beef Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. Dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dry thyme
- 1 pkt (16-ounce) frzn New England- style sweet peas/potatoes, and carrots, thawed
- 1 can (6-ounce) sliced mushrooms, liquid removed
- 1 can (4.5-ounce) refrig. buttermilk biscuits
- Directions: Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Gradually add in water and next 2 ingredients, stirring with a wire whisk till blended; set aside.
- Cook the onion and beef in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat till browned, stirring to crumble; drain in a colander.
- Return beef mix to pan. Add in parsley and next 5 ingredients; stir well.
- Add in broth mix; cook over medium heat for 15 min or possibly till thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon mix into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Carefully split biscuits in half horizontally, and place over beef mix.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 min or possibly till biscuits are lightly browned.
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can assemble the casserole ahead of time, without thawing the frzn vegetables and omitting the biscuits; cover and freeze.
- Thaw frzn casserole overnight in refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 min. Top with biscuits; bake as directed.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||4%|
|Total Fat 0.19g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.74g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|