Beef Caldereta with Cheese Recipe
I like this beef recipe. I have tried it in many ways than one. This is another variety. With Beer.
- 1 kilo beef, cut into chunks
- 1 big can (350g) liver spread
- 5 onions, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 green peppers, diced
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 4 pieces hot chilli peppers, minced
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups beef stock or water
- 1/4 cup cooking or olive oil
- In a sauce pan, sauté: garlic and onions in oil. Then add tomatoes, red & green pepper and chilli peppers.
- Add in the beef, tomato sauce, liver spread and water or beef stock.
- Let simmer for at least 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
- Salt to taste.
- Add the cheese and olives (optional) and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- *I would use a pressure cooker sometimes but slow cooking the beef is still my preferred way.
- *In some cases, I add a glass of beer and let it simmer till beef tenders.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner