Beef Caldereta (Beef Stew) Recipe
One of my favorite recipes that I always make when family comes to visit. I like the richness of this dish ewspecially when I make it a bit spicy than normal.
- 1 kilo beef (cut into cubes)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 medium potatoes (quartered)
- 2 medium carrots (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- canola oil
- Heat oil in a large pan, sautÃ© the garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and stir fry for 1minute.
- Add the beef. Let is stir-fry for a few minutes before adding soy sauce. Stir fry more.
- Add the chili flakes, stir-fry for a few minutes then add water and bring to a boil.
- Once the beef starts to tender, add the potatoes and carrots. Let it simmer until all is tender to your liking.
- After 30minutes (or until tender) add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the green peas, let it simmer for the last 5minutes or until the broth lessens into a thick sauce.
- Put in the grated cheese, cover and let it melt.
- Simmer for another 2-3minutes.
- Serve with plain rice.
- Tip: you can use a pressure cooker to tenderize your beef fast.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner