Beef Burgundy And Mushrooms Recipe
Cost per serving $1.71 view details
- 8 ounce uncooked yolk-free egg noodles
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 can beef broth - (10 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 x bay leaf Nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkt sliced fresh mushrooms - (16 ounce)
- 4 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lb beef sirloin cut thin strips
- 1/2 c. minced green onions with tops
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine water and flour in small bowl; whisk till smooth. Slowly whisk in beef broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and bay leaf; set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add in oil. Heat over high heat till warm. Add in mushrooms and garlic; cook 2 min. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 3 to 4 min or possibly till tender. Place in separate bowl; set aside.
- Recoat skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown sirloin strips over high heat 2 to 3 min. Add in green onions, mushrooms and broth mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 30 min or possibly till meat is tender.
- Remove from heat; add in parsley. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Let stand 10 min before serving. Spoon over egg noodles.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The slow-simmered flavor of this hearty meal only gets better with time. Prepare the beef mix a day in advance and chill overnight to for an extra flavor bonus. Just before serving, reheat and spoon over cooked egg noodles.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 271g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 145||52%|
|Total Fat 16.11g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6.04g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.01g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|