Bean-Sausage Creole Soup Recipe
Bean-Sausage Creole Soup is an easy, hearty, spicy, delicious and also a quick 35 minute stovetop recipe. A great spicy soup with corn, red beans, rice, Andouille sausage, bell peppers, onions and celery. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaves
- 7 cups water
- 1 pkg frozen "Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice with Sausage"
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 8 oz Andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced.
- Heat oil in a large saucepot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the celery, onions and bell peppers; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add in garlic and oregano; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in water, rice mix, corn and sausage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 235g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||69%|
|Total Fat 8.61g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.68g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 4.81g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|